Saturday, March 26, 2011

Allow Me to Introduce Myself: Mr. Ordinary

Name: Christopher Reynolds
Age: 19
Date of Birth: March 20, 1992

I'm originally from Los Angeles, California, where I lived for twelves years. I now reside in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where I've lived for seven years now. My parents saw North Carolina as a better environment for my sister and I to grow up in than in the fast pace of Los Angeles. My mother works in the medical field and is now over the admissions department at a local hospital. She's worked hard for her position and has had to climb many ladders to reach her success. My father is musician, a pianist, a producer and songwriter. He's worked within the Gospel genre for many years and has produced three number one hits. My father has now slowed down more and has put his producing to a holt to focus more on his family. My transition from California to North Carolina was one that took months of getting used to. I relocated to Nashville, Tennessee with my father in 2006 after four years of residing in North Carolina for my father to expand his production of music. It is that year that I began dancing after my acceptance to Nashville School of the Arts. I only attended NSA for one year and relocated back to North Carolina. I continued dancing competitively at Kinetic Dance Studio in Winston-Salem, North Carolina where I won many of my titles. I've one 1st place over all in my age range at Bravo Dance Competition, Encore Dance Competition, Starpower Dance Competition and Showstoppers Dance Competition. I also continued dancing at my high school where I took dance as an elective. My teacher encouraged me to continue my dance training even after high school after I expressed to her that I had intended on putting dancing to a complete holt. I now attend the University of North Carolina School of the Arts where I am studying Contemporary Dance and training to become a professional dancer. I've been dancing for several years now and I dream of opening up my own dance studio and company after my dance career. I hope to relocate back to California after graduation if company work isn't elsewhere. I love fashion and debated about pursuing it as a career prior to my decision to pursue dance. I love shopping and I consider both dance and shopping to be therapeutic. I also considered studying to become a veterinarian which was a childhood dream of mines due to my fascination of animals and their care. I'm a city boy at heart and I must have something to do on a constant basis. If I'm not moving, I'm not living. My favorite color is blue because it reminds me of the California beaches and coastlines where I spent the majority of my time as a child. I have eight siblings, one being blood related and the others half brothers and sisters. I'm a very ordinary guy. A procrastinator, extraordinaire and conquistador at heart. I'd much rather do the simple things than the extravagant and plush activities. I'm a very simple, down to earth type of guy with little regrets and tons of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment